Cairo Winitana Death, Obituary – An eight-year-old child from Sydney, Australia, who was found dead at a popular holiday site in Fiji had been electrocuted. While on vacation with his family at Club Wyndham on the main island of Fiji, Cairo Winitana passed away on Thursday.
Cairo’s death, in accordance with the Fijian authorities, was brought on by an electric shock. According to some media reports, the youngster, who was from New Zealand but resided in Sydney, was allegedly chasing frogs when he was startled by a live current flowing from a lamp post inside the hotel.
Although he was sent immediately to Nadi Hospital after being found comatose next to a flower bed in the hotel, he died of his wounds there. A heartfelt Facebook memorial to her daughter was written by Amber De Thierry, a distraught mother who had her child taken from her without warning.
The family has our sincere sympathies, and our prayers are with them during this terrible time, the spokeswoman said in a statement. Members of our management team are currently working cooperatively with law enforcement and the proper authorities to fully investigate the occurrence.
At this time, we are unable to make any further comments. The GoFundMe page set up to assist Cairo’s family with travel and burial expenses had already reached its $20,000 goal by the time Wednesday morning rolled around. The Milperra Colts, a junior rugby league team from Southwest Sydney, also paid tribute to Cairo on their Facebook page.
According to their message, he had been a part of the team since 2021 and was described as a “quiet, tough little child who loved his footy.” Announcing that it was assisting the family, the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade confirmed learning about the situation.